Divorce, child custody and child support issues are so difficult because they involve the most important relationships in our lives. Many people believe a divorce is one of the most stressful events a person can go through in his or her life. I agree with that, but I also believe good legal advice can help clear up the confusion and make things easier.
Guiding You Through The Legal Process
If you are looking for the help of a lawyer in Winona, Wabash, Houston or surrounding Minnesota counties regarding a family law issue like divorce, talk to me. At Nelson Law Office in Winona, Minnesota, I represent clients in family law cases that affect them and their children. As your attorney, I will guide you through all aspects of the legal process, helping you answer questions like:
- How do I make sure I don’t get taken advantage of in the division of property?
- Will I have to pay child support?
- Will I receive child support?
- How will custody of my children be decided?
- Can you change a divorce decree after it is finalized?
- How much will the divorce cost me?
- Can we do the divorce out of court? I hear that’s less difficult and less expensive.
- What if I need help modifying child support or enforcing child support?
- What can I do to arrange for fair visitation with my kids?
- Why are the terms of my divorce so different from the terms of my friend’s divorce?
- What if we have a lot of debt? Will bankruptcy help, either before or after a divorce?
- What will happen to our house if we get divorced?
Many people come to my office with misconceptions about divorce, custody and child support. As your attorney, I will explain what the law actually says about your case. I will talk you through the stages of divorce so you can know what to expect. I can evaluate the financials and help you come up with a plan.
Contact Me For A Free Consultation
Every case is different, so be sure to get the advice you need about your case. Contact me or call 507-205-9696 to discuss your family law concerns.