How I Can Help You
Making My Clients’ Lives Easier
Many of my clients have never needed the help of an attorney. Others have had experiences with lawyers that left them disappointed. As your attorney, I will work to alleviate problems and make your life easier. Specifically, I can help you in the following ways:
- By working directly with you — as my client, you will be able to get your questions answered by me, not an assistant or associate.
- By returning your phone calls and emails personally.
- By clearly explaining what the law says about your legal matter and helping you understand your choices for resolving your problem.
- By being upfront about the cost of legal services.
- By focusing on you and your needs, not my own.
Committed To The Winona Community
I have been a lawyer in Winona since 1989. I opened Nelson Law Office in 2011 after working as the city attorney for nearly 20 years.
In addition to operating my own firm, I am an adjunct professor at Winona State University, where I teach paralegal students and prelaw undergraduates, and where my wife is also a professor. I have played a leadership role in local nonprofits and other organizations. I am also an active curler.
I am committed to my family and my community, as well as to the ethical practice of law. I welcome the opportunity to serve you and your family.
Click on the link below to learn more about my education, my work experience and my other qualifications.
To discuss your legal matter, call 507-205-9696 today to schedule an appointment, or use my online intake form. During a free initial consultation, I can explain more about how I can help you specifically.